Monday, June 22, 2009

How to Make Caulirice


This is a recipe for a faux rice or rice substitute made from cauliflower. It is easy to make and really does have the texture of rice. I did find it does not absorb moisture like rice but actually adds to the moisture in a recipe, so reduce if you can. I tried it in stuffed peppers and could not taste the cauliflower at all.

Caulirice

1 head cauliflower
salt

Remove flowerettes from head of cauliflower. Clean and trim. Place them in a food processor and using the grating attachment shred like you are shredding cheese. Place grated cauliflower into a microwave safe dish. Add 1/4 inch water and microwave 3 minutes. Stir and continue cooking in intervals until done. Cool. Squeeze the moisture out with paper towels and add to your favorite rice recipe.

1 comment:

  1. I've never even considered this! I can't wait to try it. Thanks for expanding my window to the food world.

    ReplyDelete