Saturday, June 13, 2009

Recipe Review: Lemon Curd Bars

I spend a little time each day looking at other blogs and what other people are cooking. One of those blogs is The Nourishing Gourmet. When I saw these lemon bars, and had a bag of lemons in the refrigerator I had to try them. The recipe says to let it sit overnight in the refrigerator before serving. Well, I am not a patient eater so I cut one before putting them away for the night. I almost threw out the pan, they weren't good. But I ended up putting them in the refrigerator (so I wouldn't have to wash the pan) and after a night's rest the flavors are intense. If you like lemon this is your dish! I topped it with some SCD Whipped Cream and it was absolutely gourmet and nourishing.

Here is the recipe from the Nourishing Gourmet

I didn't change a thing.



3 comments:

  1. I have made these a few times now. They rock. As a non SCDer who just ate her weight in homemade white bread stuffing tonight, I must say these are my favorite SCD dessert.

    Today, I changed it up a teeny bit - and they were even better. I used half butter/half coconut oil, and used orange zest with my bottled lemon juice. I used a longer pan - not sure of the dimensions because I wanted a thinner crust. Hey, improvise when you must! I didn't strain the curd, I dumped it on crust while both curd and crust were warm. The extra curd liquid soaked into the crust....need I say more? I can't stay out of them. Or, at least if I wasn't so full from the stuffing. --Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendy, the addition of orange zest sounds amazing, thanks for posting this so I can try it too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should have added this too, but I love this crust. I use it for non SCD desserts, and I prefer it over any SCD pie crust or dessert crust. It is soooo good. I even like it for pumpkin (pie?) bars? Whatever!! -- Wendy

    ReplyDelete