Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Recipe Review: Raspberry Coconut Milk Ice Cream


I have finally found it! An ice cream I can eat that is really good. This recipe is based on one here at Comfy Belly , I changed it up by using raspberries instead of strawberries and vanilla instead of vodka. She has great tips for adding the chocolate and a few other ice cream recipes I can't wait to try, so make sure you check it out.

Raspberry Coconut Milk Ice Cream

2- 8 oz cartons fresh raspberries
1 cup honey
1- 15 oz can coconut milk, chilled (check to make sure there are no additives)
1 T. vanilla extract
1 oz dark chocolate, either chopped or melted (omit to make SCD legal)

Wash raspberries and place in a blender. Add honey and vanilla and blend till smooth. Add coconut milk and blend for 30 seconds. Pour into an ice cream freezer and freeze as directed for your machine. When the ice cream is finished add the chocolate. Store in an airtight container in the freezer.

I recently purchased a Cuisinart Automatic Ice Cream Maker. So far I have only made ice cream in it once but it turned out great! It only holds 1 1/2 quarts (this recipe was the perfect amount) so if you are making ice cream for a large family it is not practical. If you are on the SCD and making enough for a few servings then it is perfect.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Karen! Ohhhh, does this look good! I so know what I will be making when we get back from holidays - will also look for the cuisinart icecream maker - so far I have only seen a large one which is a frozen yogurt/icecream maker - where did you purchase yours? thanks for sharing, Ina

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ina, I purchased mine through Amazon.com. It says it is and ice cream/frozen yogurt maker also. I linked to it in the post so you could see what it looks like. Have a great vacation,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete