Sunday, November 8, 2009

My All Time Favorite Pie Crust from Comfy Belly




I have referenced this recipe before but it is so versatile I thought it deserved it's very own post. In the past week I have made pumpkin pie, chocolate cream pie, quiche and chicken pot pie all with the same crust.

The recipe is here at Comfy Belly. If I half the recipe and place all the ingredients in the pie pan and mix them up with my hands then press the dough into the pan I get a perfect crust every time. I do substitute Spectrum Shortening for the butter.

The pumpkin pie recipe is here and it is good enough to serve your Thanksgiving guests. I did bake the crust for 10 minutes before adding the pie filling.

For the quiches I made them in individual sized dishes. I baked the crust at 375 degrees till it was firm (10 minutes) then added the filling and baked it at 325 degrees until it was done.

They turned out great and I think it would be fun to let the kids add their own filling ingredients next time. This is one recipe that will go on the inside of my cupboard door because I use it so often. Next experiment, I am going to try adding cocoa powder and making chocolate tarts!





1 comment:

  1. Is it rude to comment on a recipe that is referenced from your blog? oh well. Thanks for the kudos! Yes, go for the cocoa powder. I've done it - it's great!

    ReplyDelete