Thursday, November 19, 2009

Restaurant Review: El Chubasco's Chicken Salad


Looking for a restaurant where you can safely eat Gluten Free or SCD or Paleo? El Chubasco's in Park City, Utah is the place. It was so good that I decided it's time to start writing restaurant reviews. In general I don't go out to eat, and if I do I go to the same old standby restaurant and order the same old dish, knowing it is safe. This beautiful Chicken Taco Salad was such a nice surprise I am excited about breaking out of my rut and trying more new things.

El Chubasco Restaurant is a fast cafe style restaurant, with the most incredible salsa bar you have ever seen. There are about 20 choices of freshly made salsa ranging from super mild to super hot habenjero salsa. I ordered the Chicken Taco Salad minus the tortilla shell, beans, cheese, sour cream, and rice. After placing your order you seat yourself and while you are waiting for your food you can choose your salsas and if your diet allows munch on warm corn tortilla chips while you are waiting for your food to arrive. On the wall hangs a framed newspaper article that says the restaurant doesn't even own a can opener, that is how fresh the food is, and it works. We were there at 12:30 in the afternoon and the place was packed.

The salad was divine, chopped romaine and cabbage with tomatoes and loads of seasoned chicken topped with guacamole. I was able to try a selection of salsas as dressing. There was only one salsa that contained sour cream I was not able to try. My favorites were the Mild Green and the Tomatillo Cilantro which was a medium heat. I have to say their guacamole was the best I have ever had, next time I will order an extra scoop of it for my salad....uh...I feel another rut coming on.




No comments:

Post a Comment