Monday, May 17, 2010

Gluten Free Toffee Cups



This recipe is NOT SCD legal, but I know there are people out there who read my blog for the gluten free recipes so this one's for you! I have not tried making it with honey and cream so it would be SCD legal, but I have a suspicion it would turn out great. If you try it please leave a comment and let me know. We filled these delicate shells with ice cream but you could also fill them with fresh fruit and whipped cream for a decadent dessert.

Gluten Free Toffee Shells

Ingredients:
2/3 c. packed almond flour
1/2 c. butter
1/2 c. sugar
2 T. rice flour
2 T. milk
dash of salt

Method:
1. Over medium heat melt butter in a medium saucepan, add sugar and stir till dissolved.
2. Add flour, almonds and salt. Stir constantly over medium heat for 1 minute.
3. Remove from heat and add milk. Drop from teaspoon onto well greased cookie sheet (these will spread so I only cook two at a time), slightly flatten.
4. Bake at 325 degrees for 9-10 minutes, or until golden. Remove from oven.
5. Let cool 1 minuted then gently remove with a large spatula and drape over the end of a drinking glass or custard cup. Let cool completely, then gently remove onto a plate.

Note: I found I needed to reheat the dough in the saucepan after cooking 4 shells as it thickened up so much it would not spread in the oven. But it made very thick toffee cookies :)


1 comment:

  1. Um, yum, I'm trying it! I'm imagining a waffle cone...

    ReplyDelete