Saturday, January 29, 2011

Recipe Review: Crock Pot Vampire Chicken



I saw this recipe here on one of my favorite blogs, Joyful Abode. I have been fighting a cough for weeks now and a friend suggested I eat a few cloves a raw garlic for a few days to help me get over the cough. I did, and what a difference that made! Now I am finding ways to get garlic into my family's meals and this recipe does it, 40, yes FORTY cloves of garlic. No question, it will keep the vampires away.

Here is my take on the recipe:

Crock Pot Vampire Chicken

Ingredients:
1 chicken cut into pieces but with the skin still on.
2 tsp. parsley
1/2 tsp. sage
1/2 tsp. rosemary
3/4 tsp. thyme
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. ground pepper
40 garlic cloves, peeled

Method:
1. Place the chicken pieces into crockpot. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and herbs.
2. Scatter garlic cloves over the chicken.
3. Cook on low 6-8 hours.
4. Remove chicken pieces and place on a cookie sheet.
5. Place cookie sheet under broiler for 4 minutes or until skin is nicely browned.
6. Remove garlic cloves from crock pot, you can mash them and serve with bread or save for another recipe.
7. The juices can also be saved for soup.
8. Serve chicken immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment