Friday, March 4, 2011

Recipe Review: Cucumber Avocado Salad From Shelly's Belly


When I saw this post from Shelly's Belly I couldn't wait to give it a try. I used a mandolin to "matchstick" the cucumber, mashed up the avocado and it was practically done. So simple and easy.

This satisfying salad has become one of my favorites! I have stuck to the original recipe so far but am considering adding some tomato, olives, or even a few dashes of hot pepper sauce. Thank you Shelly for an amazing recipe that is quickly becoming a staple.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the review! I'm glad you like it. Hmmm, I never thought of adding olives and tomato. That sounds fantastic! Thanks for the new inspiration!

    Shel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicious! I've been experimenting with avocado more lately as a "sauce" sub. I may have to tinker with this!

    ReplyDelete