Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Raw Lemon Pie turned Butterscotch Sauce




I was very humbled to read this post at Nicole's Special Diet Creations. In 2007 I started blogging here, my motivation being to "pay it forward" by helping other people because so many good friends (both through the internet and in person) had helped me in getting started to finding my way back to health.

Every so often I get busy and take a step back from blogging, then someone leaves a comment or I hear feedback somehow that someone was helped by my blog. Then I get STOKED! I haven't been posting much but have lots of recipes waiting. Thanks for the very kind words Nicole and I am so amazed at your idea of making a sauce out of a pie filling that didn't set up. In my book that takes some deep seeded creativity.

So Nicole took a recipe that didn't set up and made a sauce, then I took the sauce and changed it to one that is SCD friendly. I could not find butterscotch extract at the store (and didn't want to wait and order it), so I made a few changes and made a maple butter flavored sauce that is actually quite "butterscotchy". Luckily I had some ice cream in the freezer so I could try it right away.

Nicole's Raw Lemon Pie turned Butterscotch Sauce, SCD friendly

1/2 c. honey
1/2 c. coconut oil, melted
1/2 c. raw cashews, soaked 2 hours and then drained
1/2 tsp. imitation butter flavor
1/2 tsp. imitation maple flavor (extract)

Combine all ingredients in a high speed blender for 1-2 minutes. Enjoy warm or cold.

Note: Make sure you check the extract and butter flavor for added sugars

3 comments:

  1. I love that you made someone feel "zen".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for this post. Not only did it make my day, it made my whole month, which has been a bit of a rough one for me personally. Reading your kind words brightened my spirits immensely. And I love the way you "SCD-d" the recipe -- that's one gorgeous looking sundae :) Keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete