Tuesday, July 5, 2011

My Very Favorite Chocolate Ice Cream


The problem I have had in the past when making ice cream is that it freezes so hard that it is difficult to scoop and serve. I revamped my recipe for chocolate ice cream hoping that by adding the whipping cream it would be easier to scoop. It worked, and it tastes better too.

Enjoy!

Ingredients:

Note: Chocolate is not a legal food on the SCD, therefore this is not an SCD recipe

1 can coconut milk, refrigerated
1/2 c. SCD whipping cream, unwhipped
2/3 c. honey
1/2 c. cocoa
1 T. vanilla
dash of salt
1/2 c. water

Method:

1. Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor and process until smooth and combined.
2. Add to an ice cream freezer and freeze according to manufacturers directions. (I like this one)

No comments:

Post a Comment