Thursday, November 3, 2011
This is my newest addiction. It satisfies my craving for pasta with it's creamy delicate flavors. So yummy!
1 spaghetti squash
8 strips bacon
1/2 large onion, chopped
dash cayenne pepper
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 c. SCD whipped cream, unwhipped (you can use regular cream if that is part of your diet too)
1. Cut squash in half lengthwise. Remove seeds. Place cut side down in a glass baking dish.
2. Add 1 c. water and bake at 400 degrees for 1 hour or until skin is brown and bubbley.
3. Remove from oven and let cool 10 minutes while you prepare the sauce.
4. Cut bacon into small pieces and fry until well done. Remove from pan reserving drippings.
5. Add onion to bacon drippings and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes.
6. Add the bacon back into the pan with seasonings and cream. Heat thoroughly.
7. Shred spaghetti squash and add to pan, you want to keep some sauce so you may not use all the squash. Stir gently until heated through.
8. Serve immediately.