Monday, March 14, 2011

Recipe Review: Coconut Butter Blondies


I have been looking for recipes lower in sugar these days, and this one is a definite keeper. Coconut Butter Blondies with Coconut Buttercream Frosting from The Food Lovers' Primal Palate is sweetened with dates, stevia, and applesauce. I left out the stevia because I don't care for it's taste and I thought they were plenty sweet. The texture is unlike any gluten free dessert I have had, it is very "spongy" but not wet and I enjoyed something a little different. For the frosting I made it just as in the recipe but added 2 drops orange essential oil (always make sure your oils are food grade before using in cooking) for a bit more flavor.

Thanks Food Lovers', I will be enjoying this recipe again and again.

1 comment:

  1. That looks delicious! I absolutely love coconut butter. When I use it for frosting, it reminds me of cream cheese. Mmm...

    ReplyDelete