Monday, March 18, 2013

Recipe Review: CCF Tea from Hey Monica B!

 There is nothing like a simple, warm cup of tea to start your morning. I love a cup of herbal tea to start the day and usually a few hours before breakfast to help get things going. This tea comes from a great Ayurvedic website called Hey Monica B! I started listening to her podcasts a few months ago and got a basic education in how Ayurvedic medicine works. It is a gentle, natural approach to supporting your body and I found it fascinating.

This tea is made from Cumin, Coriander, and Fennel seed. It is mildly cleansing, a liver detoxify-er and helps balance hormones, a great way to start the morning. Here is the article with the directions.
 You can add honey to sweeten it if you wish, I found that it isn't really needed for my tastes.

 

I like to have it first thing and then do some light yoga before breakfast. It gently wakes up my digestive fires and gets my system ready for the day. If you want to know more about Ayurveda take this quiz and start listening to Monica's podcasts. I suggest starting with #1 and listening to them in order if you aren't familiar with Ayurveda, she gives a great background and modern application.

Enjoy your day!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing Karen. I am so going to make that tea. Ayurveda is wonderful...if you ever get the chance to try an Ayurvedic massage - they are fabulous too.

    ReplyDelete