Today will mark 2 weeks of being on the SCD.
I have found this diet much easier than the GFCF diet. Cooking is basic and simple and I have lost 6 pounds. As far as my digestive health goes I have tried the homemade yogurt only 3 times, and had just a teaspoon each time with no problems. I am going to increase the amount this next week and see if I can tolerate the dairy once again. So far it looks promising.
The challenges have been:
- NO CHOCOLATE of any kind!
- Cooking dinner for my family (me + 2 gluten free + 2 regular)
- Taking the time to re-learn a new diet and way of cooking, again.
- I really haven't gone out to eat at all. I am a bit nervous about what I will order and don't want to take on that challenge right now.
- I feel even better than I thought I could, no gas, joint pain, swelling, etc.
- More energy
- I think my family is eating better than ever and they are trying new things.
- Losing weight (for some this is a negative, for me it is a very good thing!)
- I am spending less money of food and time cooking than on the GFCF diet. There are not as many specialty items and more items I can get at my local grocery store.
- Hope- I really think I can stay with this diet and see a return to full health.