Friday, October 30, 2009

Master Crumb/Fruit Crisp Topping Mix



This has become one of my favorite recipes. I like to mix up a big batch and keep it in the refrigerator. You can use it to top any kind of fruit (in the picture I used green apples and cranberries), muffins, and even squash. This mix makes enough to cover a 8x8 inch square pan but you can use just what you need for an individual size bowl and refrigerate the rest for later. To make this a Paleo recipe omit the honey and use the sweetener of your choice.

Master Crumb Topping Mix

2 c. blanched almond flour (I like Honeyville's the best)
1/4 tsp. salt
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
2-4 T. honey
1 T. vanilla
1/4 c. shortening, coconut oil, or butter

1. Mix all ingredients together with your hands till crumbly.
2. Crumble over fruit or muffins.
3. Bake at 350 degrees on a low rack till lightly browned, time varies depending on the size of your dish. An 8x8 pan will take about an hour.
4. Remove from oven and cool. Serve warm or cold with SCD Whipped Cream.

This one is apples and blueberries....yum!

4 comments:

  1. This looks delicious! I recently started using almond flour myself, what a tasty treat it makes. With pie season coming up, I think I will use this to make holiday "crisps" instead. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool...this is just what I needed. I have a couple of desserts I put a "struesel" topping on. Now I don't have to try to come up with a SCD one because this looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments Mrs. Ed and Hiit Mama. Hope you enjoy the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for posting this! I found your blog while looking for a grain-free crisp topping. I just made a batch and I am having trouble not eating it right out of the bowl! While browsing the rest of your blog I found the tripple berry cobbler so I decided to swap that out for my old standby fruit mix. I will be making that later today for a graduation party this afternoon. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete