Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Sausage, Spinach and Egg Scramble



I had a stroke of luck this week when my neighbor offered me two chickens that were laying daily. My chickens were still not producing as they are too young so I jumped at the offer. It turned out the bigger laying hens were bullying the smaller ones so I found a home for them with another neighbor (if you live in a small town you understand all this animal trading, if not it must sound really weird!). Bottom line, I have two hens that are laying daily! In their honor I post this recipe, it is a filling and satisfying meal.

Sausage, Spinach and Egg Scramble

1-2 tsp. coconut oil
1/4 lb. bulk breakfast sausage (here is my recipe)
1 c. fresh spinach leaves
2 large eggs
salt

Beat the eggs with a pinch of salt in a small bowl. Melt the oil in a small frying pan. Cook the sausage breaking it into small pieces. When it is no longer pink and beginning to brown add the spinach leaves. Stir fry for 1 minute. Add the beaten eggs and continue stirring with a spatula until done. Serve immediately.

1 comment:

  1. This would be a great and easy weeknight dinner. I'll have to show this one to Eddie (he makes dinner three nights a week).

    ReplyDelete