Wednesday, January 6, 2010

10 Minute Chicken Thai Soup



This soup has a unique blend a flavors that is perfect for this time of year. Warm, nourishing, flavorful and fast, just what I need this week!

10 Minute Chicken Thai Soup

3 c. chicken broth, homemade is best but if that is not an option for you look for msg free broth
1 c. coconut milk
3 c. cooked chicken, diced
1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
1 T. fish sauce (check ingredients for no added sugar)
2 T. lime juice
4 scallions thinly sliced for garnish

Combine all ingredients except scallions and simmer 5 minutes. Serve into bowls and top with scallions.

Cooks Note: I found this a great soup to make as I make my broth. I take the chicken out after 12 hours in the crock pot and debone it. Then put everything but the meat back into the broth and cook for another 12 hours. Finally I strain the broth. This recipe works to use up the chicken and some of the broth, the rest of the broth can be frozen to use in other recipes.

1 comment: