Sunday, February 28, 2010

No Sugar Added Chocolate Covered Dried Fruit


Every once in awhile I come up with something amazing. I don't mean to pat myself on the back (even though I am) but this is really, really good. You can use any kind of dried fruit, I am sprouting some nuts right now to try covering in a few days, heck I may even try some vegetables! I am sure you could add a bit of honey if sweetening is needed but the fruit is so sweet I didn't think it was needed.

No Sugar Added Chocolate Covered Dried Fruit
Please remember Chocolate in any form is not allowed on the SCD, this is not a legal recipe!

Ingredients:
3/4-1 c. dried fruit (if you use something small like blueberries use 3/4 c., something larger like cherries use 1 c.)
2 T. melted coconut oil
1 T. raw Cocao Powder

Method:
1. Combine fruit and oil in a medium sized bowl. Toss for 1-2 minutes until fruit is thoroughly covered.
2. Add Cocao powder to mixture continuing to toss until fruit is covered.
3. Place the bowl in your freezer for 4 minutes. Toss again. Continue tossing and freezing in 2 minute intervals until chocolate hardens completely.
4. Store in refrigerator.

1 comment:

  1. I have dried cherries in the cupboard..... guess what I am trying tomorrow?

    ReplyDelete