Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Meatloaf Revisited



Getting my children to eat was never an issue with us. I used to think it odd other mom's would talk about strategies to get their children to eat. Then karma sent my youngest son and guess what? The kid doesn't like to eat. Some days he will go all day without eating and I have to force him to eat something, so weird. I wake up and think, "what's for breakfast?" Anyway you may have noticed I have meatloaf listed on my menu quite often, the reason? My son will always eat it, it is one of his favorite meals.

Recently Ina posted a Bacon and Cheese Meatloaf that looked really good, I wasn't sure how my son would like something different so I am slowly converting my recipe to her recipe. To start with I just added bacon to my tried and true recipe and we all loved it. So if you are looking to try something new without trying something new I suggest adding some bacon to your meatloaf!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Karen, That is a good way to slowly introduce something to your kids... this reminds me a bit like my son...when younger he would go for days not eating very much....then he would eat everything in sight! He's 26 now, 6 ft. tall...and still has a HUGE appetite! Meatloaf was always one of his favorites too! Ina

    ReplyDelete