Monday, July 19, 2010

Blueberry Clafoutis



Recently I have seen many posts for Cherry Clafoutis, wondering what this dessert was and how to pronounce it I looked it up on wikipedia:

Clafoutis, sometimes in Anglophone countries spelled clafouti, is a baked French dessert of black cherries arranged in a buttered dish and covered with a thick flan-like batter. The clafoutis is dusted with powdered sugar and served lukewarm.

A traditional Limousin clafoutis contains pits of the cherries.[1]. According to baking purists, the pits release a wonderful flavor when the dish is cooked. If the cherry pits are removed prior to baking, the clafoutis will be milder in flavor.

Now, how can you resist wanting to try a taste of this? I didn't have any cherries but I did have some blueberries so I substituted them. I followed this recipe from the Nourishing Gourmet and really liked this light dessert. It could even be served as a breakfast cake and was quick to put together and bake. Next I want to try this recipe for Chicken Curry Clafouti, I still don't know how to pronounce it!

No comments:

Post a Comment