This is a simpler version of my No Grain Layered Chicken Casserole. It is warm and satisfying and goes great with a green salad.
SCD Chicken Casserole
1 c. diced chicken
1 zucchini, shredded
2 T. chopped onion
1/2 c. chopped tomato
1/4 c. SCD yogurt made from 1/2 and 1/2
1/4 c. strong chicken broth
1 c. shredded cheese, divided (I found some raw jalepeno cheddar that worked great for this recipe but any variety will work)
1. Place shredded zucchini in a flour sack type dish towel. Over the sink twist up the ends and squeeze to remove all liquid.
2. Combine 1/2 c. cheese, chicken broth, yogurt and onion in a small (3 cup) casserole.
3. Add chicken, zucchini and tomato, stirring until combined.
4. Smooth mixture out evenly and top with remaining 1/2 c. cheese.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until cheese is lightly browned.
6. Serve immediately garnish with more yogurt and your favorite salsa. I like the flavor this Tomatillo Salsa adds.