Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Recipe Review: Mashed Roasted Cauliflower





Comfy Belly posted this recipe last week. I immediately added cauliflower to my grocery list so I could make it. I have never had mashed cauliflower but now I am thinking of all the variations I want to try.

I cooked the cauliflower a few extra minutes until it was nice and browned, then processed it in my food processor with SCD whipping cream and some water and garnished with dried thyme. The final dish is creamy and flavorful, the cauliflower takes a back seat to the garlic, cream, and thyme. I think it would also be great with chicken broth and some fresh herbs.

You can "like" Comfy Belly on Facebook and Erica's new posts will show up on your home page. Her blog is one of my favorites, I have never made a recipe that wasn't a keeper from Comfy Belly. Thanks for another great one!

Roasted cauliflower before mashing

No comments:

Post a Comment