Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Recipe Review: Chocolate Truffles from The Nourishing Gourmet


When I saw this recipe on The Nourishing Gourmet I had to try it, and am I glad I did! These truffles are as good as the gourmet candy store ones.....the only trick is to stay in moderation, I immediately froze some to keep them safe!

I did change up the recipe a bit... due to what I had on hand, here is my take on this recipe.

Chocolate Truffles from The Nourishing Gourmet

Ingredients:
12 oz of the best chocolate you can find, 85% cocoa or darker (this one is available in most grocery stores) Note: I tried this later with 70% chocolate and liked it much better.
6 T. coconut oil
1 T. vanilla
1/3 c. SCD Whipping Cream, unwhipped
1 c. chopped toasted or soaked almonds

Method:
1. In the top of a double boiler combine chocolate and coconut oil. Stir over low heat until chocolate is completely melted. Remove from heat.
2. Add vanilla and whipping cream to the chocolate mixture, stir until thoroughly combined, about 2 minutes.
3. Transfer the mixture to a small bowl and refrigerate for 2-3 hours or until mixture is set but not hard.
4. Spread almonds onto a small plate, set aside.
5. Using a small melon scoop or cookie dough scoop place balls of truffle mixture onto the plate of almonds, gently sprinkle some nuts over the top until the truffle is covered. You may need to roll it a bit but try to keep the round shape.
6. Store in the refrigerator or freezer.

1 comment: