Saturday, August 6, 2011
Cookies with Almond and Coconut Flour
Chocolate Chip Cookies with Almond and Coconut Flour
1 1/2 c. almond flour
6 T. coconut flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 c. coconut oil, melted
1/2 c. honey
2 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 c. assorted nuts, chocolate chips, raisins, coconut, or dried cranberries
I used 3/4 c. chocolate chips, 1/2 c walnuts, and 1/4 c. cranberries
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine all dry ingredients in a small bowl and whisk together.
3. Using a hand mixer combine honey and oil. Add vanilla, then the dry ingredients. Mix again.
4. Add 1 1/2 c. assorted nuts etc. and mix in by hand.
5. Using about 1 Tablespoon of dough, form balls and place on a lined cookie sheet. You can use parchment paper or a Silpat liner.
6. Bake for 8 minutes or until edges are golden. Remove from oven and let cool on cookie sheet.