This is a super easy twist on a classical brunch dish I have been experimenting with for Christmas Day. I like that it is so colorful, it makes a beautiful presentation.
Mini Quiche with Sweet Potato Crust
coconut oil, melted
1 sweet potato
1 egg for each quiche
1 1/2 T. cream for each quiche
salt and pepper
1. Decide how many quiches you want to make, then oil that many muffin cups with melted coconut oil.
2. Peel and slice sweet potato into 1/4 inch rounds. Place one slice of sweet potato in each oiled muffin cup.
3. Combine eggs (1 for each cup) and cream in a bowl. Whip by hand until thoroughly mixed. Add salt and pepper to taste as well as a dash of nutmeg and cayenne.
4. Place 1 T. of chopped ham and 1 T. of chopped spinach in each cup then fill to almost full with egg mixture.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center of each quiche comes out clean.
6. Serve warm or cold, freezes well too.