Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Essential Oils in Recipes? and Lemon Frosting to Die For!


Last night I had the great opportunity of attending a presentation on Essential Oils. My husband worked for a company that manufactures Essential Oils a few years ago so I was familiar with them...but I learned something new. IF the oils are food grade you can take them internally......this is news to me! That means not only can you deliver their therapeutic benefits right to your digestive system but your recipes can benefit from their intense flavors.

My mind is spinning with so many ideas I can't wait to try, but I am trying to get ready for Thanksgiving so to ease my mind I quickly put together a batch of these Almond Pumpkin Brownies and made some lemon frosting to top them with. Wow! the flavor is everything I imagined. Before you use the oils you have on hand be sure they are food grade and meant to be taken internally and stay tuned I have many more ideas for using Essential Oils for flavor.

Lemon Zinger Frosting

1 c. Dripped Yogurt, Sour Cream or Cream Cheese
1/4 c. honey
4-6 drops Food Grade Lemon Essential Oil

Whip together yogurt and honey. Add Lemon oil one drop at a time tasting after each drop to make sure you get the flavor you want. Keep refrigerated.

3 comments:

  1. This looks so yum! While D was here we made your almond pancake bread with flax seed for the son and it was so delicious! YUM! It's my new fast favorite bread.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you liked the bread, it is so easy and so good! Tell D that the library has a new Almond Flour Cookbook she should check out, I think there is a lot in there for her son.

    Thanks for all you guys do,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great idea for the frosting! I love lemon frosting.

    ReplyDelete