This makes a wonderful tasting light dessert. I adapted this from my cheesecake recipe lightening up on the sugar and making the dessert in an 8x8 pan. I have been reading so much about the negative effects of sugar lately I am cutting back on the sugar in almost everything I make. I have noticed that sweetness level is something your body adjusts to. Things still taste sweet to me but with less sugar.
Blueberry Cheesecake Squares
Note: If you are not following the Specific Carbohydrate Diet you can use regular whipping cream and cream cheese instead of the yogurt.
1 1/4 c. almond flour
3 T. shortening or butter
1 tsp. honey
3/4 c. unwhipped SCD Whipping Cream
3/4 tsp. unflavored gelatin
2 T. hot water
1/4 c. honey
1 T. vanilla
1 c. yogurt made with half and half
1/2 tsp. lemon zest
2 c. fresh or frozen blueberries
1. Combine almond flour, cinnamon, shortening and honey in an 8x8 inch square pan. Using your fingers or a fork mix until crumbly.
2. Press mixture down into pan forming a crust.
3. Bake at 300 degrees for 15 minutes (crust will not be browned), cool.
4. Combine water and gelatin in a small bowl. Stir, then microwave for 5 seconds, stir again. Microwave 5 more seconds and stir, continuing until gelatin is dissolved.
5. In another bowl beat the whipping cream till thick and stiff. Set aside.
6. In still yet another bowl beat together yogurt, honey, vanilla, lemon zest, and the gelatin mixture until smooth.
7. Fold in whipped cream till thoroughly mixed.
8. Pour over cooled crust and refrigerate at least 4 hours.
9. Heat blueberries over low heat until boiling for 2 minutes. Mash with a potato masher until there are no whole berries. Bring to a boil again and let simmer for 4 minutes. Cool berries then refrigerate until ready to serve.
10. Cut a square of cheesecake and serve with berry topping drizzled over the top.