Saturday, October 8, 2011

Taking a Break and the Liebster Award

I have been taking a break not only from blogging but from most of what I love to do the last few weeks. I had unexpected rotator cuff repair surgery on September 15th and am trying to get back into life with one arm. Although I am typing with one finger I do want to thank Emily at Recipes to Nourish  and Shanon at Food Farm Health for making my day with this fun award.

Both Emily and Shanon passed the Liebster Award along to me in the past few weeks. The idea is to share with your readers some of your favorite blogs and what you like about them. What was fun for me was to see Emily and Shanon's great blogs.


Emily's blog is so easy to browse, it has a clean look and is very organized, just check out this recipe list . In her words her recipes are:

Gluten Free - Refined Sugar Free - Peanut Free - Potato Free - Pork Free 
and almost always 
Nut Free - Soy Free - Corn Free - Bean Free - Legume Free



Shanon has an amazing story. She has taken on the challenge of raising as much of her family's food as possible and that is impressive for a busy young mother. Check out her 2011 Food Storage Tally on the right hand side of her blog. I am so frustrated when I meet someone with digestive issues who says they want relief but not bad enough to change their diet or lifestyle. Shanon is willing to do what it takes for herself and her family then share with others through her blog.


Thanks again Emily and Shanon!!


The Liebster is awarded to spotlight up and coming bloggers who currently have less than 200 followers. 'Liebster' is a German word meaning dear, sweet, kind, nice, good, beloved, lovely, kindly, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. What a gift to be awarded with such kindness! Now for the rules:
 
1. Thank the giver and link back to the blogger who gave it to you.
2. Reveal your top 5 picks and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.
3. Copy and paste the award on your blog.
4. Have faith that your followers will spread the love to other bloggers.
5. And most of all - have fun!

The blogs I want to spotlight are:


1. Gluten Free Delightfully Delicious- This blog has been one of my favorites for years. Ina lives in Canada and I consider her one of my "internet friends". All of her recipes are gluten free and she is very creative with herbs and spices. Always inspiring!

2. My Gluten Free Reality- Terina is a fount of wisdom when it comes to the latest research and developments in the gluten free world. I appreciate all the time she spends keeping up and then sharing with me. Terina is the one blogger I follow who have met in person and she is just as beautiful and friendly as her blog portrays.
 

3. Delish- This blog is delicious in in every way. The pictures, the food, and the darling little boy that makes me want to have a baby be a grandma. I am always captivated by the photos and love the "Pretty, Funny, Happy, Real" posts. Becks writing is thoughtful, real and truly delicious.

4. My Asperger's Girl- This blog inspires me to be a better mother on a regular basis. Erin shares her recipes and her experiences living with Asperger's. Her two daughters could not be any luckier. I think her blog is one of my favorites because she so honestly and poignantly describes real life. It isn't always easy and sometimes it is overwhelmingly joyful. I love that, and the recipes are great!

5. Comfy Belly- This may be a bit of a cheat to list here. I don't know how to tell how many followers Erica has but this is my #1 all time favorite blog for recipes. I have never made a recipe from this blog that didn't become one of my favorites. Erica has been blogging for years and has a huge selection of recipes. Some of my favorites are; Chocolate Donuts, Chocolate Ganache, Pie Crust , Chocolate Coconut Ice cream, Mashed Roasted Cauliflower, Pad Thai, and Orange Cranberry Muffins. Kudos to you Erica for being so dedicated and sharing with so many.

3 more weeks with my right arm in a sling 24/7. Then 6 months of physical therapy....wish me luck!

5 comments:

  1. Thank you Karen...what a dear you are! I hope your recovery is fast and hope you are back to normal soon...p.s. as a massage practitioner, may I recommend massage and reflexology once the rotator cuff surgery has healed? I have worked with many client's who have had this surgery, with great success. It can work wonders!
    Once our busy weekend is finished I would be happy to participate in the Liebster Award! Again, blessings to you...hope your recovery is speedy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ina, I have been seeing a reflexologist for the last year and it is great, also just scheduled a massage. I didn't realize you were a massage practioner....too bad we don't live closer to each other, I have a feeling we would be great friends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes we would...! I too wish we lived closer to each other, but I am very happy to have made an internet friend such as you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much :) Hope you're feeling better and have a speedy recovery. Looking forward to checking out these blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Karen! You are so very sweet, and I'm quite speechless! Your blog(s) have been an inspiration to me for years and it's a great honor to know you are inspired by mine too - that is really fun. I hope you heal quickly and that your break won't last too terribly long. Thanks again, and peace to you!

    ReplyDelete