A few weeks ago I started serving one vegetarian meal a week. This was a big change in my house! We are carnivores in every sense of the word and a meat free meal is something to get used to. The evening I made these everyone else opted for leftovers. I devoured this one and had the other one for lunch the next day. I thought the meal was very satisfying.
2 Portobello mushroom caps
1/2 c. cooked chopped broccoli
1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese (sub Dripped Yogurt if needed)
1/4 c. SCD Whipping Cream or Creme Fraiche
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
1/2 c. SCD Breadcrumbs or Gluten Free Seasoned Breadcrumbs
1. Clean mushroom caps and place upside down on a baking sheet.
2. Combine broccoli, cheese, whipping cream, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
3. Stuff mushroom caps with broccoli mixture
4. Sprinkle tops with seasoned breadcrumbs.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
6. Serve immediately.